Buyer Beware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
There's an alarming trend I've started to notice lately--online stores and lfs are getting closer and closer in price. I used to buy all my equipment online because it was much cheaper. However, I've had to buy a few things recently for my tanks (2 lights and gravel), and I've actually found better prices at petsmart than drsfostersmith.com--and that was before shipping!

Just something to be aware of, it may be worthwhile to give those lfs another look before buying equipment.

I always check local first---but it seams in my area if you are going to spend $100 or more online is at least 50% cheaper.

Smaller purchases, hey save the shipping and go local.

Good thing to watch for, and I hope petsmart NY follows petsmart PA!

I bought a fluvial 304 for $159 from my LFS and I think you can get it for half of that online...Also, I paid $28 for my SW master test set, found it online for $16-17.
I started ordering online for equipment/food/media. I still buy livestock from my LFS, I just like to go in a chat and find out things, also I'll buy livestock that has been in her tanks for over a week...

Back
Top Bottom