Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #11

Why bother buffing it out

Just buy a 3d background

Or the cheaper option get a black or blue acrylic sheet and put it on the inside of the tank

Old 01-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN View Post
Why bother buffing it out

Just buy a 3d background

Or the cheaper option get a black or blue acrylic sheet and put it on the inside of the tank
This lawmen dont understand what you mean by putting the blue background on the inside. U r talking about that paper stuff ppl buy for the background image? One side of it is black and the other side is blue? Or one side is one picture and the other side is a different picture? Sorry for asking dumb questions. New to the love of fish and aquariums. How can I put that blue stuff inside the water?

Old 01-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You got it, i found some that is black one side and dark to mid-blue on the other. It is like a static cling type of sheet of "presentation cover" plastic or the non-glue sports decals that cling to glass
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post
You got it, i found some that is black one side and dark to mid-blue on the other. It is like a static cling type of sheet of "presentation cover" plastic or the non-glue sports decals that cling to glass
And you say just stick that inside the tank? How would you secure it so it does not float away or fish and algae get behind it?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kribensis View Post
And you say just stick that inside the tank? How would you secure it so it does not float away or fish and algae get behind it?
I personally am waiting to affix the plastic whenever I take the whole tank down one day, they also sell a product to keep it glued on and keep bubbles from appearing. I have OCD enough that I wouldn't ever be happy looking at a bubble behind the film. I won't let anybody tint my car windows for the same reason!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Might be a dumb question, but if you're going the background route, why not stick it on the outside?
Me personally, if the only option is you have to see through it, I wouldn't get it. If you're gonna cover the back and don't care, tell the guy how much work you have to put in to make it see through again and get it dirt cheap.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kribensis View Post

This lawmen dont understand what you mean by putting the blue background on the inside. U r talking about that paper stuff ppl buy for the background image? One side of it is black and the other side is blue? Or one side is one picture and the other side is a different picture? Sorry for asking dumb questions. New to the love of fish and aquariums. How can I put that blue stuff inside the water?
I think I put it as simple as possible by saying buy a sheet of black of blue acrylic I didn't say some paper background I said acrylic

The thread starter must know what acrylic is as he's buying a acrylic tank not one made of paper lol
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravereaper0 View Post
Might be a dumb question, but if you're going the background route, why not stick it on the outside?
Me personally, if the only option is you have to see through it, I wouldn't get it. If you're gonna cover the back and don't care, tell the guy how much work you have to put in to make it see through again and get it dirt cheap.
If the scratches are on the back glass and you stick something on the outside you will shill see the scratches

You can buy thin coloured acrylic sheet from a DIY hobby or craft shop

Cut it nice and tight and you won't need any silicon as it doesn't tracked well to sticking on acrylic

You don't find everything for fish keeping in a local fish shop you know lol
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN View Post

I think I put it as simple as possible by saying buy a sheet of black of blue acrylic I didn't say some paper background I said acrylic

The thread starter must know what acrylic is as he's buying a acrylic tank not one made of paper lol
My mistake. I took the word sheet as that 2 sided paper the sell at local pet stores. Good idea. Then just seal it with silicon?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks guys. I had no ides how thick or thin it came in. But i guess womans nails are made out of it. Dahhh. Thanks.

Tags
acrylic, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com