Calcium Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kurt it that a brain inside that two L bottle? I had a green brain detach form its skeleton and have a similar setup its been doing fine for about 3months now but i dont think it has began to develop a new skeleton yet. This is probably because i have been doing the frequent water changes

I believe you actually were the one to give me the idea when the problem first arose. Everyone told me i would be lucky if it didn't begin to die within a month.

That is a brain in the 2L bottle. I did that because my clowns wouldn't leave it alone. I have since added a yellow belly hippo that wouldn't leave it alone so I have taken the brain out of the tank and it is in my frag system.

Doing frequent water changes would not cause the brain to not rebuild it's skeleton, that process is going to take a long time.

As for doing water changes easily: If you can't drain the water out of the system into a drain or something similar here is a good option. Get 2 32g trashcans from walmart, and get 2 trash can dollies (round platforms with wheels) use one trash can as the "new" SW can and the other as the old SW can. With the wheels on them they can be rolled right over to the tank and then rolled away. A Maxi Jet 1200 or something similar is your friend in water changes. You can pump the old water out and pump the new water back in very quickly. I wouldn't suggest doing 32g at a time if your dad is going to be dealing with this but you could do 20g leaving some room in the "old" SW can so it's not so heavy to move.

Best option I can think of unless you have a drain in your floor next to the tank like I do. Hope that helps. Oh and seriously try and increase the PWCs to every other week at least.

Sounds good. Deffenetly will be trying to do at lease 20galon PWC every two weeks or so. Im hoping this will help my coraline and corals. Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom