calcium reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
How will a calcium reactor help me, is it worth it i want to start adding lots of sps to my tank.

its use is for if you have problems keeping your calcium at a certain level so if you have problems with keeping calcium and alk stable then yes its worth it but before you get one i would test to see what your levels are over the course of a few weeks alot of times you can keep these levels steady with pwc but if you have alot of corals in your tank it might be a problem keeping it at an acceptable level

the reason im looking to get one is because i cant do water change very often maybe like once a month.

Or is there something better for me to invest in.

the reason im looking to get one is because i cant do water change very often maybe like once a month.

Or is there something better for me to invest in.

Hi pokmijn,
Sorry.....I've been looking for some kind of filter to take the place of water changes.......And I'm still looking (lol).
If you find something please share.

Dennis

Hi pokmijn,
Sorry.....I've been looking for some kind of filter to take the place of water changes.......And I'm still looking (lol).
If you find something please share.

Dennis

Im not trying to replace water changes im just looking for something to keep my tank healthy for a little longer without adding anything to it.

How big is your tank? Are you running a skimmer? Whats your filtration system like?

My tank is only a 55gal and yes im running a skimmer i also running a sump and a refugium. The reason im looking into a calcium reactor is because i was to be heavily stock with sps.

Watching this thread also looking for a good fairly priced Calcium Reactor small enough to fit in my sump / refugium.

Back
Top Bottom