CALCIUM SAILFERT RESULTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adacaro

Aquarium Advice Activist
IF MY TEST READS 0.1 ON THE SYRINGE AFTER I DID THE TEST WHAT ARE THE FINAL RESULTSOF CAL. JUST TO SEE IF I AM DOING IT RIGHT THANKS. ITS SAILFERT TEST KIT

450 ppm is where you want to be by the way in case you didn't know :)

There are two styringes in the kit. One measures up to 5ml and is marked in 1ml gradiations. The thinner one measure up to 1ml and is marked in tenths (.01 .02 .02 ... 1.0). There is also an extension tip that needs to be added to the smaller syringe for the test.

The larger syringe is used for gathering the water sample. The smaller one is used for gathering the reagent and dropping the reagent into the test vial.

Does that help? Do you have the full test kit?

yes I do have it all. the reading in the small syringe is .01 right next to the long tip. What reading is that.

is marked in tenths (.01 .02 .02 ... 1.0).
My mistake there. The small syringe IS marked in tenths, meaning 0.1, 0.2...1.0 with hundreth markings between each tenth.
A reading of 0 = 500ppm and a reading of 1.0 = 0. Every tenth = 50ppm
Starting at 0 = 500 ppm
.02 = 490 ppm
.04 = 480 ppm
.06 = 470 ppm
.08 = 460 ppm
.01 = 450 ppm

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much, I always ask because its better to be dumb for a moment and not for the rest of your life. may God bless you and grant you with blessings in this new year.

Back
Top Bottom