Calling all light nerds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PassengerTN

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a question for all you light nerds out there! <3

I've grown quite tired of the extremely old fluorescents that sit atop my 55g. I'm looking for a 48" LED fixture with "moonlighting". That is the only requirement. I would ALSO love something dimmable and fully controllable as far as colors go, but that's not a necessity. I am not concerned much about it being able to grow plants.

Here's the kicker, it needs to be as cheap as possible. I have two young kids (5 & 2) who seem to consume any reasonable amount of "extra" money I have. I've looked a few times and get annoyed. Seems like I run across a Nat Geo branded fixture for $120+ and what claims to be finnex for $65? What gives! :help:

Current satellite plus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Current satellite plus

That's the one you can set like the sun rise, sunset, cloud rain and lightning affect? I was going to get that for a freshwater aquarium with some low light plants in my daughters room.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Current satellite plus

That's the one you can set like the sun rise, sunset, cloud rain and lightning affect? I was going to get that for a freshwater aquarium with some low light plants in my daughters room.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep just seen a video of it on YouTube, pretty sweet! Fits my needs and my wants haha

Back
Top Bottom