Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: which light?
power compacs with no higher light required corals 1 100.00%
metal halides if only two will work on 6ft 125 with nothin else 0 0%
other you post link on my thread nothing over $360 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedeep1689 View Post
yea i am more of a wavy tentical coral person lol but it does look nice which costs more lps or sps
That depends, there are some pretty pricey lps, when you get into certain lps like Acans, Scolys and Chalice, but those don't have wavy tenticals. Typically the wavy tentical corals are on the cheaper side. I started off liking them to best too and whenever people who are not fish tank people see my tank, they always tend to like the wavy lps or wavy toadstool. But, now I'm to a point where, it wouldn't suprise me if someday I took out my wavy lps and toadstool. Sometimes my sps frags fall into the torch, killing the sps. Also the toadstool can release toxins in the water which inhibit sps growth.
With that said, there are some pretty cool lps tanks out there and they are much easier to keep.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
cool yea i have three toadstools in my 55 with my frogspawm hammer galaxy which is a lps i think right? zoas xenia kenya tree mushrooms i dont have any probs out of any of it except i tried a torch once and both torch and biggest toadstool got sick at same time but i love the lps and am happy with them right now on my to get coral list is duncans gsp diffrent xenia more zoas snd mushrooms and a bigger frogspawn soall lps and easy corals....

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

AquaticLife T5 HO Aquarium Lighting System - 8 T5 HO and 6 Lunar - 72 in. | T5 Lighting | Lighting Systems | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com wat about this system its t5 ho lights
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Over my price limit of $350. However, it is a nice system. Should give more than enough coverage, although coralifes will be cheaper. That fixture should be fine for most if not all corals. Just no clams.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

alright iam going to try for it over the power compacts but bills have to be paid first if i have money left then i will get it....
Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

so you do think the t5 ho system i posted is good for my 6ft tank for corals right because if so i willbe buying it next week unless funds drop then its the power compacts again...
Old 11-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hey guys look at the wats on this compared to the wats on the pc does watts per gallon not matter anymore?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedeep1689 View Post
hey guys look at the wats on this compared to the wats on the pc does watts per gallon not matter anymore?
Watts per gallon rule of thumb is a bad judgement of light. The PAR level the light puts out is much more important. The ultimate light is Metal Halides or T5 with individual reflectors. But if you only want LPS, then I think either system you chose will work.
I doubt this system you linked http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/242488/product.web has individual reflectors but probably is still better PAR than the power compacts.

Tags
light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com