Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: which light?
power compacs with no higher light required corals 1 100.00%
metal halides if only two will work on 6ft 125 with nothin else 0 0%
other you post link on my thread nothing over $360 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
calling light experts!!!!

ok guys someone has promised me this light for christmas
Coralife Lunar Aqualight Plus Compact Fluorescent Fixture 6X96 Watt 72 inch, 53410, Aquarium Light for my 125 gal 6 ft tank i have pc on my 55 with only 4 65 wat bulbs and are doing okay for my leathers zoas mushrooms galaxy frogspawn and hammer and the 125 is only a inch deaper but i found this metal halides will two of these work on a 6 ft tank?

250W Metal Halide Pendant Lights

i dont plan on getting any more high light required corals for about 4 to 5 years after i build my new home and build my final tank so if pc will work for wat i have andd below then
i can use them....only corals i will buy for now are corals with same or less light requirments as wat i have now

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

and the power compacts have lunar lights another plus

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

See if you can wait a little for coralife to release a 6 ft T5. Maby move it to an Easter present? Either that or ask for 2 36" lights. Coralife has been moving toward T5.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

when will they be doing that do you know? \
Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Not sure, but my LFS just recently got their T5 fixtures so most likely a few months. They may try for a christmas release though. I will email them.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

cool thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

I would steer clear of the PC unless you want to be limited on what you can keep. You could get by with 2-halides if you get nice reflectors and can hang them high enough over your tank and do a 2-island aquascaping design. But the reflectors would probably put you out of your price range. You could also go with 60" T5HO which is good for all coral, but that leaves 6" of subpar coverage on both sides of the tank.
I just read above that you will not be getting high light coral... so I change my vote to the PC out of your links above. They don't put out much heat and you will get full coverage.
I thought at first I wanted Fish Only, then I thought I would be ok with lower light corals only, now all I care to have is high light sps. I would have saved money in the long run if I got the halides or T5HOs in the begnining.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i dont really like the looks of sps corals at all lol my opinion tho i guess
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedeep1689 View Post
i dont really like the looks of sps corals at all lol my opinion tho i guess

To each their own, but this is my favorite

Tank of the Month - March 2009 - Reefkeeping.com
Old 11-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yea i am more of a wavy tentical coral person lol but it does look nice which costs more lps or sps

Tags
light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com