Came up in conversation today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few guys around the firehouse during down time were talking about there hobbies and such... Anyway we got to talking about my fish and set up. One guy had asked why the heater was on the left side and not in the center. I said good question!

Being firefighters we always seem to search for logic in things. So with that being said the Capt said to me...hey chief! Wouldn't it make more sense to put it in the center of the tank to evenly distribute the heat throughout. If its on the left side how do you know the right side is the same temp? My only answer was with a thermometer.

So do I owe my officer coffee?

I suppose your tank could be different temperatures from left to right, top to bottom. But I would think, that if there was adequate water flow, the heat would get evenly distributed throughout the tank.

Yeah was thinking pretty the same. We have a bet going though... See I'm the "old timer" and he's the "young buck" the young Capt vs the Salty Dog lol.

Back
Top Bottom