Can anyone tell me what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeWidd

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently came across a guy selling tanks and stuff. I don't really need anymore tanks, but I was curious about the stuff. But the condition was I had to take it all. Long story short I ended up with this thing. It has Amiracle printed on it. I searched it, but cannot come up with a model or anything. Can anyone Identify it. I'm not sure if I even have all the parts. I do know I got a great deal considering I got (2) 55 gallon tanks w/lids and lights, a complete 30 gallon setup with stand, 5 different lights and this thing pictured below.
60006-albums10397-picture43582.jpg

60006-albums10397-picture43583.jpg

60006-albums10397-picture43584.jpg

60006-albums10397-picture43585.jpg

If your talking about picture #1 its a sump for a saltwater tank. If your doing saltwater and want me to explain it let me know :)

Last edited:
I'm actually not doing saltwater. I have 2 55 African Cichlid tanks going now. I have a Fluval 305 on the one and a HOB on the other, I was just wondering if I could use it or not. If I can, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge on how to set it up. I'm not even sure I have all the parts.

You can still use it if you would like this is how. The lighting crate where it is in the picture sits across on the lower glass that sticks out. Then I don't see bio balls, bio stars or bio rings in the pictures but they go on top of that. The flat square piece that the hose is hooked to sits on top of that. Normally there is a tray (drip plate) that goes on first to hold filter floss that I don't see in the pictures. On the other end of that tube is where the overflow goes. It's in 3 pieces the outside box hangs on the tank. The one that has notches goes in side of tank. There should be a plastic like acre that holds them together. Then there is a u shaped hose that goes from one box to the other and works off a siphon.

Ok back to the bottom the sump on the other side is where the pump goes and tubing hooks to that to go back up to tank. I seen a ball valve in one of the pictures that hooks to this line to control the amount of flow.

Hold on ill take some pictures of mine so you can see

Last edited:
To start the siphon you'll take a little air hose and feed it threw the outside part of the tube up into the top of it. Fill both cups full of water and then suck on the airline tube to bring the water from the inside cup to the outside cup but don't let it break siphon. Almost forgot fill the sump a quarter the way up then turn on and watch the water flow into the overflow box to make sure it didn't break the siphon. You don't want the water to get to high in the sump or it can over flow.

In all reality its not needed on a 55 freshwater but that's my opinion you can make your own choice. Hope this helps if any questions ask and ill get more pictures if that helps out better.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input Andrew. I actually do have a whole bucket of Bio-Balls, I didn't take a picture because I knew what they were. I'm actually at work till 9:00 tonight but I will try to seperate the pieces that I think are revalent to this. And hopefully I can get it running. I was told it's overkill but one of my 55's is overstocked so I thought I could use it.

I'm in the process of doing an in wall build, and I didn't quite take all factors into account. I was told by using this I could put everything (Heater/Thermostat) in it and hide it underneath. I look forward to getting this up and running with your help, Thanks Mike.

MikeWidd said:
Thanks for your input Andrew. I actually do have a whole bucket of Bio-Balls, I didn't take a picture because I knew what they were. I'm actually at work till 9:00 tonight but I will try to seperate the pieces that I think are revalent to this. And hopefully I can get it running. I was told it's overkill but one of my 55's is overstocked so I thought I could use it.

I'm in the process of doing an in wall build, and I didn't quite take all factors into account. I was told by using this I could put everything (Heater/Thermostat) in it and hide it underneath. I look forward to getting this up and running with your help, Thanks Mike.

no problem that's what we are all here for. The pictures I showed you is not all of mine. If your a DIY type of person I have photos in my profile of the whole thing. Just a little run threw on how I did it. I have what you have that drains into another tank that's stuffed full of live plants to help with my nitrates. Since my Cichlids wouldn't let me keep them in my tank lol.

That's true on what the other person told you about keeping your heater and whatever in there. Let me know how it goes or if you need help

I will Thanks, Yeah, lol I had the back lined with plants looked really nice and they lasted for about2 months. Then one day I came home and they were all floating. Once I get it in the wall I'm going to try to replant.

Back
Top Bottom