Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Can filter tubing run up through wall cabinet and then down?

Hi. I have never used a canister filter. My tank is on my kitchen counter and sits about 2" below a wall cabinet. Now I believe that I can not place the canister filter up above the tank in the wall cabinet as it is supposed to sit below the tank. I can place a canister filter under the tank/counter top, but would need to run the tube up from the tank into the wall cabinet and then can then turn down behind a false wall into my cabinet. Any reason why this would no work? Most canister setups have a "U" shaped pipe turning the tube directly down, I need it to go up 3"' or 4" then over and then down or the canister. Doable?

Thanks!

Old 01-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

As with any in wall plumbing, make sure all connections are true and water tight, no electrical is within a few inches, if for any reason it does leak there is a quick shut off. Than ask yourself is there any other option than burying this in my wall? Maybe a cover if sorts? A PVC pipe cut In half and painted?

Old 01-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sorry, No plumbing or canister tubes would run through a wall or drywall. It is just kitchen cabinets. The tubes would need to run up through a cabinet and then over and dowm through a cabinet. Most canisters state that the tubes must run straight from aquarium to filter.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya, just make sure the tubes are not tubing in anything sharp or abrasive, good luck!

Tags
cabinet, filter, tubing, wall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com