Can filter tubing run up through wall cabinet and then down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wspanic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I have never used a canister filter. My tank is on my kitchen counter and sits about 2" below a wall cabinet. Now I believe that I can not place the canister filter up above the tank in the wall cabinet as it is supposed to sit below the tank. I can place a canister filter under the tank/counter top, but would need to run the tube up from the tank into the wall cabinet and then can then turn down behind a false wall into my cabinet. Any reason why this would no work? Most canister setups have a "U" shaped pipe turning the tube directly down, I need it to go up 3"' or 4" then over and then down or the canister. Doable?

Thanks!

As with any in wall plumbing, make sure all connections are true and water tight, no electrical is within a few inches, if for any reason it does leak there is a quick shut off. Than ask yourself is there any other option than burying this in my wall? Maybe a cover if sorts? A PVC pipe cut In half and painted?

Sorry, No plumbing or canister tubes would run through a wall or drywall. It is just kitchen cabinets. The tubes would need to run up through a cabinet and then over and dowm through a cabinet. Most canisters state that the tubes must run straight from aquarium to filter.

Ya, just make sure the tubes are not tubing in anything sharp or abrasive, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom