Can i get brighter bulb for light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This light is said to go on a 20 gal but I got it used and put on 29 gal. It has a15 watt bulb in it tht gives purplish light

image-3746996153.jpg

Is it saw to up watt and how much could I go?

image-1722599902.jpg

I'm no expert on lights but you could change it for a different colour(temperature) light. A bright white bulb would make a big difference. It could be a 'plant' light you have in at the moment. I wouldn't exceed the recommended strength(wattage) bulb. Is there reflectors in the light unit already??

No reflector and it said plant
Yeah go for a bright white bulb so. Don't exceed the recommended wattage. Could damage the ballast and lead to it burning out and/or causing a fire!!
Measure the inside of the light unit and check out your LFS or Ebay/Amazon for a reflector. You might be lucky and get one made for your unit or you could get a universal one and cut it to size. With these two options, you should notice a big difference in the light output. Some manufactures claim their reflectors increase light output by 50%!!!

I'm not sure what kind it is ... Got it in a trade ... Don't know what highest wattage it takes either ... Ca I use tin foil as a reflector? I only have light on when in room I never seen reflectors at Petsmart or Petco ... I could check I can't afford much right now ... It is perfecto brand ... I dot know how to get the bulb out... I switched t to 20 gal which is wht it originally was for but I don't. Care for led light my dad gave for 29 gal it didn't help plants and it has problems working right at times

I'm not sure what kind it is ... Got it in a trade ... Don't know what highest wattage it takes either ... Ca I use tin foil as a reflector? I only have light on when in room I never seen reflectors at Petsmart or Petco ... I could check I can't afford much right now ... It is perfecto brand ... I dot know how to get the bulb out
I would just go with the wattage that's in there already. Tin foil is a great alternative to reflectors. You will need to get underneath the bulb to fit the foil properly though. You might have to unscrew it, to get to the bulb. Should then just be a case of gently twisting bulb to remove it. Make sure you unplug it first...haha

Led light ... Don't think it lights up enough area ...

image-1485747905.jpg

image-1485747905.jpg

Attachments

• image-930053983.jpg
    image-930053983.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 41
I can reach the bulb just seems hard to twist out ad dot wana break it... Maybe ill take it to a store for help...

I can reach the bulb just seems hard to twist out ad dot wana break it... Maybe ill take it to a store for help...
Ok. make sure it's unplugged from the wall. They can be quite stiff to twist. If you hold the bulb at the ends, it should twist. If your not sure though, probably best to bring it to a store...

Back
Top Bottom