Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I paint a part on my fluval filter?

I what to know can i paint the tube that take the water out of my tank that go's to my fluval canister filter?

It's the tube part that go's 1/2 way or in the tank, I have to place it right in the middle, and my back round is blue and the tube is black and it's a big eye sour.

My tank is salt water

superdave07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't see a problem with painting it as long as you don't do it while next to the tank. If you are painting the part that goes into the water be sure that paint is safe (I've never painted so can't help).

Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
I painted my AquaClear intake tubes with black krylon fusion... works great and blends in nicely with the background. Just let it cure for a couple days... I let mine set overnight, but there weren't any fish in the tank. I'd let it sit for 48 hours at least... and make sure there's no paint smell.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, fluval, paint, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com