Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2016, 01:32 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB80TTS View Post
Where did you find your 15 high btw? I was considering one a while ago but couldn't find them other than having them custom ordered for high cost.
Craigslist. Took me about a month of diligent searching. However, there is a piece of plastic from a reptile lid melted to the top rim to the aquarium (the craigslist poster said the previous owner used it for reptiles and somehow melted part of the reptile lid to it. It doesn't affect the use of the tank, except for having to angle the lid in a bit to get it to fit, but it is really sharp and has cut my arm a couple times already when cleaning the tank initially, so I'm probably just going to go with the 10 I have instead.

I assembled the stand today though, and feel confident it will be fine with a 10 gallon.

Glasscages sells a 15 high for $64 brand new. Glasscages.com - Glass Aquariums

Old 07-19-2016, 04:48 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebetta26 View Post
Craigslist. Took me about a month of diligent searching. However, there is a piece of plastic from a reptile lid melted to the top rim to the aquarium (the craigslist poster said the previous owner used it for reptiles and somehow melted part of the reptile lid to it. It doesn't affect the use of the tank, except for having to angle the lid in a bit to get it to fit, but it is really sharp and has cut my arm a couple times already when cleaning the tank initially, so I'm probably just going to go with the 10 I have instead.

I assembled the stand today though, and feel confident it will be fine with a 10 gallon.

Glasscages sells a 15 high for $64 brand new. Glasscages.com - Glass Aquariums
They probably melted it with a UVB light if it was for reptiles.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

glass aquariums are designed to only be supported on the 4 corners. so ideally you want the corners to line up with the 4 legs. However since it's a small tank, probably won't be an issue

But that's why prefer for my stands to be open on the top as it is less likely to create uneven pressure points on the bottom glass panel

Tags
15 gallon, 5 gallon, gallon, stand, tall, tall tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com