Can you tell the model?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
What model Koralia is this? I inherited it with the tank and it just died. I think.

Its probably 6 inched from glass to tip.

I have a 125 with a maxi jet in back and the same koralia on the other side.

If you don't know what it is, pls give me a recommendation for what gph I need on the new one I'm getting today.

Attachments

• image-4262509497.jpg
    image-4262509497.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 86
What color is the impeller inside there?

IIRC, that product line of Koralias had a different colored impeller for the 1, 2, 3 and 4 - so we might be able to identify it from the color.

Think I found it.

Koralia 1 (400gph) has a blue impeller
Koralia 2 (600gph) has a green impeller
Koralia 3 (850gph) has a white impeller
Koralia 4 (1200gph) has an orange impeller

Last edited:
Based on your corals listed in your signature I think yes, it's enough flow. if you are considering adding SPS or higher-flow demanding corals in the future, you'll want more flow than that and this is an opportune time to get it.

Before you run out and get a new power head i would suggest two things. First, fill a bucket with about a 1:5 ration of vinigar and hot water. Soak the power head in there for a couple hours and it cleans them up real nice and gets all the coraline algae off there. Sometimes that helps. Also when you plug it back in again find something long and skinny to give the impeller a poke with. I have trouble with mine getting stuck a lot and they start right up again as soon as you touch the impeller. Just don't use your fingers or anything silly like that.

Before you run out and get a new power head i would suggest two things. First, fill a bucket with about a 1:5 ration of vinigar and hot water. Soak the power head in there for a couple hours and it cleans them up real nice and gets all the coraline algae off there. Sometimes that helps. Also when you plug it back in again find something long and skinny to give the impeller a poke with. I have trouble with mine getting stuck a lot and they start right up again as soon as you touch the impeller. Just don't use your fingers or anything silly like that.

Cool. this is why I love AA! I have it soaking now.

Make sure you rinse it off real good before you drop it back in the tank. Let us know if it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom