Canister?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishylittlenemo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok everyone I've decided to go wit a canister filter, but I'm not sure what to choose. I have my eyes on the Rena Xp2 for my 29 gallon. I plan on getting a bigger tank in the future so thats why i'm going kinda big. So with this in mind....what do you all suggest what canister filter i should look up on investing in? Your comments and thoughts will be ohh soo welcomed. Thanks.

I was getting a 60g tank with a fluval 404 but i heard great things about the rena xp3 so I am now getting the xp3. I would go with the xp3 because its never enough and if you ever want to upgrade to a bigger tank you have no need to upgrade the filter aswell. bigals has it for 94 bucks

agreed i have the xp3 and it works very well... every week i clean it and it's FULL of junk.

yeah thats what i had in mind. the only thing that made me think about the xp3 is that it might be too much water current in the tank. Cuz my friend has an xp3 and that jet pumps out some water. But i'll probably end up getting a xp3 more then likely. Thanks alot guys.

fishylittlenemo said:
yeah thats what i had in mind. the only thing that made me think about the xp3 is that it might be too much water current in the tank. Cuz my friend has an xp3 and that jet pumps out some water. But i'll probably end up getting a xp3 more then likely. Thanks alot guys.

I could always do a XP2, and get a HOB or 2 if you go big enough for that no not support it. If you want or need surface aggitation, then that will help. Although an XP3 would be the best bet now if you dont know what kind of species fish you will be trying to keep in the future.

HTH

i'm really not too sure what i want in the future. But its not going to be agressive fish. Even tho most of the really colorful ones are agressive, But I have one in mind and thats is the german blue ram. but like i said i'm not sure what i want exactly yet. i have a 29 gallon which is 12inches wide....i'm not sure if the spraybar will fit at the end. right at the moment i'd like to set the jet on the one side on and angle. i think it would circulate the water well.

it comes with a spray bar and a flow control knob. No need to puchase extras. I also have the xp3 on a 75 with no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom