Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had fluval 404's for years. The impellers break periodically, parts are still available. easy to service, lots of compartments to customize what you use.

Noise is a relative term but I have never had a Fluval I would call "quiet". I wouldn't call the x06 series noisy either but I can definitely hear them when I am nearby. On the other hand, the Fx5/6 filter is somewhat noisy.

The Eheim Pro filters I have owned have been near silent. I typically I have to put my hand on them to determine if they are on. Please note that Eheim makes many lines of filters and not all share the same characteristics of the Pro.

I have owned over 20 canister filters in recent times and no matter brand I try I keep coming back to the Eheim Pro's. They just work.

I agree E-Heims are great. I currently have an API rena filstar xp-L on one of my tanks. Extremely quiet. Never had any issues and a breeze to clean

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree E-Heims are great. I currently have an API rena filstar xp-L on one of my tanks. Extremely quiet. Never had any issues and a breeze to clean
How long have you had yours? I have several of those that I picked up maybe 6-8 years ago and honestly they have been great for the money. I had read some rumors though that they had been cutting back on the quality and the included accessories in the last year or two so I have been afraid to get anymore.

Yes those reports started shortly after API bought out Rena. Mine are original Rena's as well and are fantastic filters.

I've had mine for 5 years roughly. I did hear something like that as well. My buddy just bought a XP-XL 2 months ago and said its great. Maybe they've improved lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom