Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben300

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Am looking for a canister filter just to help clean the water more and get the small partials out I already have a filter that's part of my tank it's a jbj 30 rimless tank so it comes with a filter and I was wondering if anyone had good luck with one and not to expensive?

30 gallon reef jbj RL tank
40 gallon pleco tank

If you are just wanting to improve water clarity try Purigen.

Caleb

Last edited:
Purigen is a resin that removes organic nitrogen from the aquarium... This will ideally stabilize nitrate and remove anything that causes nitrate before it can be nitrified. It is no mechanical filter or an additional means of biological filtration. It will simply remove all nitrogenous organic waste that passes through it.

Thank you everyone for your advice I appreciate it!

40 gallon pleco tank

This is why I'm not a fan of smaller sunsun filters. They have a TON of media bypass in them.

75748-albums12252-picture64288.jpg

I still use them, but tbh I am not gonna go out of my way to buy them anymore.

I hear ya... They do not move water through ALL of the media.... I just load mine up with Matrix or rock ruble and am not too picky. But I could see why for other purposes it's not as efficient... Get what you pay for haha.. Design it right. You can even punch out the trays to encourage better flow.

Thanks again yall am just using it to help with nitrate and phosphate and just altogether the wellness of the tank I already have a filter set up I'm just using it to make it more Pristine cleaner water quality and help with algae control I have all the media I need and is on the way coming to my house!

40 gallon pleco tank

Back
Top Bottom