Canister FIlter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
InxayonFinland said:
What would be the best canister filter for my 29 gallon planted tank?

I am sure many other will pipe in on this. I have gravitated towarde Eheim filters. Their instructions often are poorly written or poorly translated, but you can usually figure them out. I prefer to take my tank size and at a minimum go up to the next rated filter.

As an example for your tank a Eheim Ecco Comfort Canister Filter available at http://www.bigalsonline.com/
Our Price: $79.99

Item: ASWO # 7431
Usually ships within 24-48 hours

This along with say a Penguin or other HOB filter will keep your water clean and polished with low maintenance on the cannister end. It comes down to choice, they are many good cannisters out there, I just tend to prefer Eheims.

I have no complaints with my fluval 204, but its being used in tandem with my eclipse hood filter. I suppose it would work fine on its on too. Easy to clean and runs silently in my cabinet.

most will say eheim for quality. They are pretty pricey though, I have a rena filstar that I quite like and many others like the brand aswell. Keep waiting for more input or check out the poll in the general discussion area.

i have only had one canister and it is the hang on the tank kind. I couldn't be happier, maintance is extremely simple, its quiet and does a good job. Overall I have heard skeptism on the marineland HOT magnum, however i will endorse it as long as im happy with it. I have the pro addition with the bio-wheel.

Back
Top Bottom