Canister filter choice for planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcutl002

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 35 gallon planted hexagon tank with one Kessil A150W Amazon Sun light, Carib Sea Floramax substrate, a CO2 system on order, and a Marineland Penguin 150 filter. I am looking to replace the Marineland filter because it is loud and it agitates the surface, which is a no-no for a planted tank. I was looking at the Eheim 2211 ($75.30 for up to 40 gallons) and the Eheim 2213 ($82.63 for up to 66 gallons).

Question: would the 2213 be overkill? Does anyone know of a better canister in this price range? I am familiar with Eheim, but am willing to try out another quality product.

I have the 2213 on my 29 gallon, with the spray bar (and intake) kit. I only used the stock spray bar for the first few days, but I remember it creating a bit more current than the bar kit. With the spray bar kit, it creates a perfectly light current in my 29g. So it might be fine, with the stock spray bar, for your 35 gallon,

I ordered the 2213. It should be here soon. The pet store only carries Marineland, but I heard that Rena, Fluval, and Eheim were the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom