Canister filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salvar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so i am completely new to canister filters and i bought a used Marineland Magnum 350 filter. I have replaced all the gaskets but i am still having a problem getting all of he air out of the system. There is a very small air bubble at the top of the pump that i cannot get out. I have repeatedly done the priming steps to remove the air as well as open the head up and let water rush out to remove the air but to no avail. Can anybody help me? I am really fed up with this filter and am considering just buying a new one that is easier to use.

You might be able to tilt the canister from side to side (turn it off first) to allow the bubble to escape out of the top through the intake line.
Edit: Have not worked with these filters since the 80s.

I have already tried this as well and it has not worked unfortunately

How big of an air bubble is it? Does it appear to be affecting the performance of the filter or creating unnecessary noise? If not, I would just leave it alone.

The bubble is now gone, i guess it worked its way out but there is not a constant rattling noise from the top of the filter. Could it by my media? I have a layer of carbon then bio balls then ceramic rings. Could he noise be created by he way swishing the ceramic rings around?

Back
Top Bottom