Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Canister filter inlet/out hose diameter

I am going to make a modification to my stand I just finished building and need to know what the diameter of the inlet and outlet lines are on most canister filters?
I will get a HOB filter for a while? Prob try the AC110 till I am sure what canister to get. Was thinking of one by either Eheim or Rena. Poss considering Fluval as well. Truthfully, I have no idea which canister filter to even begin to consider.
Thanks for the help!
Scott

Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

My Eheim 2234 (rated for 60 gals) uses 1/2 inch line tubing.

I am totally sold on Eheim over Fluval. My fluval does a great job on water clarity, but its fussy and needs to be cleaned more often compared to my 2 Eheims, which deliver equally great results.

I don't own a Rena, so can't comment.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudraker View Post
My Eheim 2234 (rated for 60 gals) uses 1/2 inch line tubing.

I am totally sold on Eheim over Fluval. My fluval does a great job on water clarity, but its fussy and needs to be cleaned more often compared to my 2 Eheims, which deliver equally great results.

I don't own a Rena, so can't comment.

My fluval has a 5/8 line in and out. And it's better than muds.. lol Just kidding
Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh yeah? Watch out or my Eheims will come kick your fluval's ceramic rings.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I won't start an Eheim vs Fluval vs Marineland vs Rena war, but Fluval is the best lol (jk, actually, maybe I'm not).

Are you needing to drill a hole for the hose? If so, I'd just go with 1" to allow you to use about any canister.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
I won't start an Eheim vs Fluval vs Marineland vs Rena war, but Fluval is the best lol (jk, actually, maybe I'm not).

Are you needing to drill a hole for the hose? If so, I'd just go with 1" to allow you to use about any canister.
LMAO
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Id hate to flatten his carbon dioxcide bin.

Tags
canister, canister filter, filter, hose

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com