Canister filter shopping...who wants to help me pick one out lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clearancepuppy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am exploring for the first time the world of giant filters... o_O. Getting kinda overwhelmed actually. It will be for a 150 fw. I am thinking about giving the koi back to my friend with the pond, and going with some less messy fish. The Pleco may go too. Eel is staying along with cory and lg gourami. Whatever I get fish-wise and filter-wise has to work with them.

Just watched a You Tube video that may have me rethinking getting into the 150...we just installed new carpet...:eek::hide: It was about an Eheim failure (now to be fair, could it have failed due to operator error? :ermm: ) which had flooded the guy's hardwood floor.

To answer the drilling question, on the bottom of the 150 it says "tempered glass do not drill". Am I to assume this means all of the glass? I am trying to learn about this stuff and feel very overwhelmed right now.

Really don't want to assume anything, so I joined this forum.

I've already learned that I will need to give the koi back to my pond friend, and that common plecos should not be sold to the common public :eek:

The video was from 2010 and he was replacing the Eheim with a Fluval FX5. I have been looking at the new G6.

Back
Top Bottom