Canister Filter with UV Sterilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AshokKD

Aquarium Advice Regular
Folks,

Need some advice!

I am looking to upgrade from HOB to canister filter. This is for my 36G Bowfront.

I found 4 good options in my budget for my tank in order, Aquatop CF 370GPH, SunSun Hw303B, EHEIM Classic and Penn Plax Cascade 700.
I think filtration capacity of all 4 is more than I need.

My question is regarding the UV sterilizers on Aquatop and Sunsun, does it affects beneficial bacteria in filter or in tank?

I am anyways looking for some UV sterilizer so is it advisable to go ahead with these 2 options having UV sterilizer inside the filter itself?

Also if anyone is having experience with any of these 4 filters, please throw in some advice :)

Thanks!!

I have a 29g and have the Sunsun 703b. You really benefit from more gph. No issues with it so far set up in December.

I have a 29g and have the Sunsun 703b. You really benefit from more gph. No issues with it so far set up in December.

Thanks. Ordered the 704B , couldn't find the one in amazon prime so will have to wait for a week now. But looks worth it.

There are tons of YouTube videos to help you mentally prepare. Initial priming is a pain but after that it's easy.

There are tons of YouTube videos to help you mentally prepare. Initial priming is a pain but after that it's easy.

Yup - tons of stuff out there on these filters, I think I have made a good choice.

Do you use any specific media for planted tank? Or whatever I get in box shud be enough?

Next in my list is pressurized CO2. Researches on, through in suggestion if u have[emoji4]

I use sponges and floss in the bottom. biomedia in the middle and the top has purigen and coral/aragonite

quick question - Will purigen affect any fert dosing am doing? I am doing PPS dosing right now.

No, I also use pps-pro and Purigen and I see no reduction in benefits from the ferts.

Back
Top Bottom