Canister Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitche8359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently had to replace a Fluval 304 after a very short lifetime. I ended up getting the Eheim as I remembered a lot of people liked them here and the lfs recommended them. The Eheim is quiet, but it doens't get the water crystal clear like the Fluval did. Does anyone know what substrates I can use to get rid of the tiny particles? The filter has been running over a week.

That's the whole thing. The filter came with very limited instructions and I had no clue where the carbon filter went. I read here that carbon wasn't the best thing for plants so left the carbon filter out altogether. The bottom section has whatever was in it when the canister was in the box. If I remember correctly, the next two sections were empty so I originally filled those sections with the beads. The top section has the pad that was in it from the box. After a couple days, I took the beads out of the second section from the top and put in some fluff. The fluff didn't help much. I'll try the Purigen but I'll have to check the size. The filter came with three boxes of something that looks very close to that but maybe the size is different. The question is, where did you put them all? I could only get one and a half box in the two available sections.

Back
Top Bottom