Canister filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i know I've asked this question in the general discussion but this seemed to be the place for an equipment question. Here goes... ...will be starting up a 65gal fw tank soon. Been doing my research and am looking for filter ideas, suggestions, opinions for both ones to think about and filters to forget about. So far I'm leaning towards a rena filstar xp3. Tank will be VERY UNDERstocked for a while and maybe always. If I did add more fish would prob add a submersible filter for the added. Thanks all

Filstar Xp3 gets good reviews from everyone I have met that has used them. I am partial to the Eheim classic canister series, but they do tend to be pretty pricey.

I have had an XP3 for a year and am very pleased with it, but mine does tend to trap air, and that is something you are just not going to find with an Eheim. I have a love/hate relationship with my Eheim classic 2215, since it is a pain to clean but I know I will have this filter for a long, long time (some people nearly two decades, but we'll see).

For the money, an XP3 is going to move your water very, very well and is a breeze to keep clean. If you are not overstocking then I think it is a very good choice.

Back
Top Bottom