canister filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are tons of places to buy them online, but I prefer www.bigalsonline.com That's where I bought my Cascade 1200. It's a lot cheaper than the lfs. I prefer the Penn Plex Cascade brand over any other. It's a relatively new brand and not too much people have experience with them but they are SO easy to put together. It took me about 15 minutes and it was the first time I'd ever put one together. Basically you just clean it out with water, put the baskets in the canister filled with whatever you want, pop on the top, connect hoses and put the hoses in the tank and wah-lah. I didn't have any difficulties with priming then 1200, but the 1000 we had to fill with water first, then start the prime. I don't see too many people recommend this brand, reason being because it's still new and some people like to stick with what they are used to. But I LOVE it.

Big al's is the place to buy them online. I researched this for awhile, which one to get where to buy it and everything else. I decided to get it from big al's and went with the fluval 404, but my buddy went with the cascade 1000. We both like them alot, and they do a good job. Keep in mind i only had mine for like 1 week, and my buddy had his for like a month....

I have a cascade 1000, fluval 204 and a rena filstar xp2. Out of the three, I would have to say my favorite is the cascade. Very easy to set up. Very easy to clean.

I got a fluval 204 from Big Al's online- They had the best prices and it was here quick. It was really easy to put together as well- I love mine

Bigalsonline.com is the cheapest way to go. They match prices with anyother online store. that's where i bought my XP3 and i love it.

Well, in Canada ... Big Al's online store is NOT number 1 for pricing. Most of their stuff i find online is priced well above what i can get locally or from another Canadian online store. Seriously check out www.jlaquatics.com

They are based out of BC and have incredible pricing.
It is where i go to get a lot of my stuff now

Back
Top Bottom