Canister Media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I finally decided to go to Canisters and get away from the HOB style filters. Seeing as I am going into a 240 gallon aquarium soon. I ordered 2 Marineland C-530s in prep to get them established before I get my new tank set up and made.

So now I know Marineland has media with the filter when you buy it. Though as of lately I have been running phosguard by seachem in my hobs as the algae was getting out of hand.

Now with that said. What media out there is going to provide good biological mechanical and chemical filteration. Is the media sent with the C Series canisters good or should I look at changing that out to something else?

Any input would be great...and FYI I have extremely messy fish, Africans and Oscars.

Mechanical--sponges or filter floss
Chemical--Chemi-Pure Elite
Biological--Seachem Matrix

African and Oscars?
They really don't belong together because they have very different requirements concerning water ph and hardness.
What ph are you maintaining in the tank?

Mechanical--sponges or filter floss
Chemical--Chemi-Pure Elite
Biological--Seachem Matrix

African and Oscars?
They really don't belong together because they have very different requirements concerning water ph and hardness.
What ph are you maintaining in the tank?

Oscars are currently in my 90 Gallon 7.1 ph currently try to maintain it around 6.8-7.0

My Africans are the ones that will get the new canisters which are in my 125 soon to be moved into the 240 and the oscars into my 125. The 90 I plan to use for a breeding tank.

The africans PH is between 7.8-8.1...comes out of the tap at 7.8

Oscars are currently in my 90 Gallon 7.1 ph currently try to maintain it around 6.8-7.0

My Africans are the ones that will get the new canisters which are in my 125 soon to be moved into the 240 and the oscars into my 125. The 90 I plan to use for a breeding tank.

The africans PH is between 7.8-8.1...comes out of the tap at 7.8

Oh, ok. It sounded as if they were all in the same tank.
you know what you're doing
good plan (y)

Yeah I reread it and was like hmm some confusion here lol.

Yeah the Oscars are getting a bit bigger and its time to move them up, Plus i have been wanting to build a 240 for some time so finally broke down and ordered the glass...gonna be a nice african tank lol

Back
Top Bottom