canister oring maintenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually use the same silicone I use in my dive gear if Its safe for me to breath at depth then its gotta b safe for fish.

Petroleum products tend to not play well with rubber swelling it over time so I was wondering if anyone used a silicone product like dielectric grease used in eletronics or similar

Petroleum products tend to not play well with rubber swelling it over time so I was wondering if anyone used a silicone product like dielectric grease used in eletronics or similar

I used canola oil, excellent lubricant and harmless

Tribolube Oxygen-Compatible Lubricant Tribolube 71 O2 Compatible Lubricant

The Aerospace Lubricants Tribolube® line of products are designed specifically for scuba diving applications. With over 35 years of background science, Tribolube offers superior extreme pressure and anti-wear properties, thus extending equipment life by dramatically reducing corrosion. Tribolube is a synthetic lubricant that is chemically inert, oxygen-compatible, non-migrating, odorless, non-toxic, and non-flammable.

Tribolube 71 is designed for open and closed circuit diving systems. This O2 safe lubricant is compatible with all o-ring seals and materials used in the scuba industry. Tribolube also offers significantly reduced residue buildup in comparison to other oxygen compatible lubricants. It is available in a choice of three types of packaging: a { 2 oz | 57 g } tube, a { 2 oz | 57 g } syringe, as well as a handy { 5 g | 0.18 oz } single use pillow pak.

Back
Top Bottom