Canister vs HOB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. It's switched. Useful info I never saw.

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

Why move the pump? Read up the thread, dude. The pump on the Sunsun 60x series is before the filter, and I have sand, which is hard on pumps. Is it wrong to want to protect the pump?

Also as noted, I'm seeing these pumps with UV sterilizers for less than the non-UV equipped models, but I don't want to use UV sterilization. The purpose of the "regular" light is mostly to protect the electronic ballast. (If it's reactive, I may leave the socket empty) An empty socket/wasted bulb is the fastest way to destroy an electronic ballast.

By 60x, are you referring to the 603 I posted a picture of? Because the pump for that is on the outflow side, after the waters run through the filter.

I've removed the bulb on one of my 304s and it's not had any impact thus far (couple years now). Not to argue with what you said - you know more about that ballast stuff than I do for sure.

I guess flow through ths canister of the 60x (602, 603, and other similar from this series) is down and not up. It sounded like you were saying that the pump was on the inflow line, and some of you out there were talking about being anxious over how this pump handles sand (though that post appears to be gone now).

The motor on the 600 series (mini canisters) is at the bottom of the filter rather than the top. And it's external. I'm anxious to see how it handles the sand.

The regular filters have their motors in the filter head like just about every other canister.
That is what had me confused...

Back
Top Bottom