Cannister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midol

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, i think it is a cannister filter but anway it is fairly noisy.

I was thinking this may be because it is either pumping in to fast and not pumping out fast enough or the other way around, anyone have any idea's on making the thing shut up.

Also, for airation i now have the return on that shooting out little water streams about 3'' over the surface and my powerhead [1500L] (Getting a more powerful one soon) pointing across the surface and it is noisy at night, would just the powerhead give it enough airation through the night?

What size is your tank. What is the name on the cannister (shouldn't be noisy, might be an impellor problem). It isn't pumping too fast.

Depending on tank size (you need 10 gph of circulation) the power head may be enough.

270 Gal.

I have an exact 10x turn over rate.

It is a Pro-Aqua 1200

Take the cannister apart and look at the impeller (check for wear). My guess is that is what is making most of your noise. I would definitely get something else to help with circulation though. Do you have enough live rock yet? If not start buying more live rock and get an additional power head.

Hmm, yeah getting another $200 of liverock on tuesday, i'll get a 4500L powerhead at the same time.

Shouldn't be any wear on the filter yet, only been running for 2 months but i'll check it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom