Cannister filter opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Lete start by saying I run hobs - AC & Penguin.340/350s - on most of my current tanks so not at all familiar with cannistersother than I can identify what they are?
I recentlypicked up a 75g corner tank & the box of accessories that came with it seems to have a Magnum 350 & Magnum 330 in it (going to have to download manuals to make sure all the parts are there) Anyone have any personal experience info they can give me on either of these?

Lete start by saying I run hobs - AC & Penguin.340/350s - on most of my current tanks so not at all familiar with cannistersother than I can identify what they are?
I recentlypicked up a 75g corner tank & the box of accessories that came with it seems to have a Magnum 350 & Magnum 330 in it (going to have to download manuals to make sure all the parts are there) Anyone have any personal experience info they can give me on either of these?

I've got one that is 20+ years (220 model) and I love it, it is a true work horse. It's tough to find some of the proper sized filter sleeves, gaskets etc. but there is plenty of part out there for them. Cleaning is fairly easy, I would definitely pick up a set of ball valves and make like a DIY eheim setup so as to not have to re prime the system every time you crack it open for cleaning.

They can get a little noisy, but thats just them asking to be cleaned IME.

Got any pics of them?

1521225620465.jpg20180316_144426.jpg20180316_145110.jpg
Here you go - only thing I can figure out so far is I think I am going to need some type of hose to attach various parts together

View attachment 307829View attachment 307830View attachment 307831
Here you go - only thing I can figure out so far is I think I am going to need some type of hose to attach various parts together

Yes, you'll need some tubing to connect the intake tube/output tube to the canister filter intake/output. But other than that it looks like you have all the parts needed. I usually fill the center compartment with some biomedia, a sponge on top and then the black plastic piece. I then get a Marineland filter sleeve or use the "biowheel" thing that you've got now.

Right now that only makes partial sense to me but figure once I see it in a manual ot qill be clearer - I'm a visual & spatial learner so need to see & do to understand

Back
Top Bottom