Cannister Filter Placement/Hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am half moved into my new home and I may not be able to use my stand due to space restrictions. I have a new dresser. It will hold my 55-gallon tank without a problem, but it's not like my actual stand that is hollow in the back to run the tubes. I'd prefer no to put the filter on the side in the open. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cut a hole in the back of the dresser to run the tubes. Usually it is just a thin piece of plywood for the backing.

I would do that, but this is a nice piece of furniture, made of solid wood. You don't find pieces like this very often anymore. I think I've decided on off centering the bed in my room for my tank to fit against another wall with the old stand.

Get a small night stand with an open underside, drape a table cloth over it and put a lamp, vase, or whatever you want on the night stand. Place filter underneath neatly hidden by the tablecloth with the hoses going behind the dresser out of site.

Back
Top Bottom