Canopy advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LLG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a wooden canopy over the tank. There are spaces between the slats of wood; I don't know the brand because I bought the whole setup secondhand. Yesterday, one of the danios disappeared and I looked in the bottom of the tank and couldn't find it; I don't see anything on the floor beside the tank but I can't think what else could have happened.

I've never seen any of them jump and it must have had good aim or been very lucky to find the spaces in the canopy. What can I do to avoid future escape attempts? Should I try to put another cover inside the canopy?

I installed a Finnex light inside the canopy and it would be a lot of work to move it, if I could even find another place for it. I also am starting to grow plants that will emerge through the spaces, and where could the HOB filter go?

Thanks,
LLG

Is the canopy low enough to be a lid or does is have room for you to find a lid and put it on the tank? Because alid is your best option. You might be able to DIY or find something to use as a lid if you can't find a match for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom