Canopy Pics/Q's/Aquascaping Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

Here are the frags Im getting:
Sinularia Leather
Anthelia
Maroon Mushroom
Tri Color Zoos
Brown zoos
Now the Aquascaping Advice I need, is where should I place these in my tank so it looks nice?

As for the question, is that pre-plastic-filter-thing on the powerhead fine? Thats safe for most everything?

Anyway... onto the pics...

The powerhead:
PICT0742.sized.jpg

My new hermit shells:
PICT0739.sized.jpg

Overview:
PICT0738.sized.jpg

The Cooling Fans:
PICT0736.sized.jpg

The overview of the canopy:
PICT0735.sized.jpg
[/list]

Looks good. I don't know what type of lights you have but I would place them in the mid and lower parts of the tank.

They are 2x32 CF
One actinic one 10,000 K (I guess I could add this to my Sig)

Its actually closer to 3 WPG if you factor in the sand and stuff.

Also the main thing I was also wanting to know what the PLACEMENT of the corals so it looks nice.

Placement is what looks nice to you. All I could suggest to you would be to take a look at the sw members galleries to get ideas.

I don't think you figure actual water in the tank. I think you figure it based on the total volume your tank would hold if empty. The W x L x D doesn't change no matter what you put in the tank. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. When I figure my 90g I have only about 60 or 70 gallons of water but still have a 4ft tank to cover with 580watts being 6.4 wpg and the 20g only has about 15 gallons but has 130w to make 6.5 wpg. Plus your tank is an odd shape and tall so it is harder for the 64 watts to make the bottom of the tank. You should definitely put them in the mid to upper regions. The tank however is looking very nice :D .

electrikat said:
I don't think you figure actual water in the tank. I think you figure it based on the total volume your tank would hold if empty. The W x L x D doesn't change no matter what you put in the tank. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. When I figure my 90g I have only about 60 or 70 gallons of water but still have a 4ft tank to cover with 580watts being 6.4 wpg and the 20g only has about 15 gallons but has 130w to make 6.5 wpg. Plus your tank is an odd shape and tall so it is harder for the 64 watts to make the bottom of the tank..

Exactly

WPG is a guess on how much light you need on a tank but not accurate. Placement is going to depend on where you would like the corals and how the corals do with depth of water and flow....also light.

Back
Top Bottom