Can't figure out correct outtake placement.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edevingo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need help. I've got a Penn Plex Marlin OCF15 and just added a Marineland Magniflow C360 for my 110g. I'm driving myself and my fish nuts with fooling with the direction of flow. Should I have one going across the back and the other across the front? I've never used more than one canister at once so guidance would be great. Thanks

I think you would want them set so that they promote flow and not work against each other. What you described sounds like it would be a circular flow. Flake foods often are good indicators of current in the tank.

I think you would want them set so that they promote flow and not work against each other. What you described sounds like it would be a circular flow. Flake foods often are good indicators of current in the tank.
I can definetly see the circular flow on the surface of the water and when I put floating food at the top. More specifically, I was thinking regarding how it effects the intake points. Maybe I'm just over thinking? But I don't want the 2 canisters working against eachother?

Back
Top Bottom