Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok so I got my 75 from Petland during there dollar a gallon sale, great deal! Now for the life of me I can't find a canopy to fit. Either too big or too small! Tried Pertecto, All Glass and Deep Blue!! Nothing fits!

Anyone else have this problem. Center brace tank and can't find anything for a top.

Called several well known online stores and nobody can seem to help! Petland special? Tank and good luck on a top kinda deal?

Here's a picture.

Attachment 63110

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are you talking about the gap at the back?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hholly
Are you talking about the gap at the back?
No, do you see how the glass overlaps the center brace? It doesn't seat right. And when you go to open it falls into the tank because it's not in that recessed area.

You see the picture how it doesn't fit right. And the is the same way. I'll take another pic.

Attachment 63115

Attachment 63116

Attachment 63117

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 11-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh, that sucks. I wonder why the tank manufacturer doesn't make covers to fit? Would it be possible to make one with plexiglass?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hholly
Oh, that sucks. I wonder why the tank manufacturer doesn't make covers to fit? Would it be possible to make one with plexiglass?
I'm gonna try Petland first since that's where I got it. Them go from there.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-1063.../dp/B00004YNNP
Cut it
Old 11-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayt
Not a bad idea at all... I have one too! Gonna try that tomorrow.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Or... you could take it back and get your money back and go topless? I don't keep lids on my tanks.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
Or... you could take it back and get your money back and go topless? I don't keep lids on my tanks.
No lids? On any? I think it would kind of hard since it's well... Transformed.

Attachment 63133

Old 11-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #10
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I only had one fish jump when I kept mbuna... an auratus. Not sure what happened, but the other two I had never did in the 2 years I had the tank. I don't keep lids on any of my tanks. It's unnecessary (except in rare circumstances where you have fish known to jump... cats... something like that), and no top makes maintenance and feeding Sooooooo much easier.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
75g, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com