Catalina Aquarium replacement bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
EDIT: Technical Lighting connection question

Originally this post was about a specific brand of aquarium lights. However, instead of making a new, separate post, I figured I'd just edit this one.

I've been looking at square pin end caps for PC bulbs so that I could convert my straight pin fixture to a square pin since there seem to be more color options for square pin bulbs.

However, through my research, I came across a message board where someone suggested just using Molex connections on the end of the pin wires so that I could use either square pin or straight pin bulbs interchangeably. Basically I'd have either a straight or square pin end cap without the housing and just the metal connectors.

So my question is, does anybody have any idea what size the pins are on the bulbs? I'd be looking at a female molex connector so that the pins on the bulbs can just plug right in.

Here's the list of sizes available from this retailer:
Molex Connectors - Molex Crimp Terminals - Molex Tools

I'll leave my pre-edit post down here just in case anyone has any experience with this brand:

I posted a couple days ago about UV Lighting brand bulbs, but I didn't realize that I had a straight pin PC bulb instead of the square pin that I was looking at online. And apparently the straight pin bulbs come in much less color varieties.

So I found this website through google searches. Anyone ever hear of or have experience with Catalina Aquarium replacement bulbs?

96 WATT 7200K COOL DAYLIGHT WHITE STRAIGHT PIN POWER COMPACT LIGHT

Back
Top Bottom