CGFI?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bytal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was reading the instructions on my new powerhead last night and it says its only to be used with a CGFI outlet. I know saftey first yadda yadda yadda. Is this a golden rule or just something in the instructions for liability sake? And if I do need to install a CGFI is it something a non-electrician could handle? I assume by looks of it its just turning power off to the circuit, pulling the old outlet, hooking the wires up to the CGFI outlet and sticking it back in the wall.

GFCIs are very important IMO. I won't run any tanks without them. They are easy to install, just as you described.

you dont even have to do that. since i live in an apartment, i cant do that, so i just bought a gfci power strip. I have one in the stands of my 150g and 55g and one on the counter beside my two 10g's... Theyre not much more than the outlets and dont require any wiring

I was going to say the same thing that they make GFI powerstrips. Seen them at lowes.

Back
Top Bottom