*Changing bulbs in a Coralife PC??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Coralife PC and was wondering if my bulbs ever burn out 3 years strong knock on wood how do you replace them?? Thanks

*edit*
Power Compact Flourescent (PC) should be changed every 7 - 9 months depending on usage!
My Coralife PC has a plexiglass looking shield inside the housing that protects the bulbs. This just slides out either to the left or to the right; depending on which way it is mounted. But, after 3 years of never being opened, the salt collection may have sealed it shut.
Good luck.

Assuming you have corals or other inverts that need strong lighting, you should be changing your bulbs at least once a year. The spectrum these bulbs put out degrade quite a bit after 12 months.

Now, if you have a fish only tank, or just some live rock, then you can indeed stretch the bulb length out until they burn out. And at 3 years, you're already on borrowed time.

Smo said:
Is this some kind of joke?
Power Compact Flourescent (PC) should be changed every 7 - 9 months depending on usage!
My Coralife PC has a plexiglass looking shield inside the housing that protects the bulbs. This just slides out either to the left or to the right; depending on which way it is mounted. But, after 3 years of never being opened, the salt collection may have sealed it shut.
Good luck.

Take it easy! Not everyone knows as much as you may. (S)He's asking a question and being very sincere, so lets not shy him/her away from posting further questions!

Thanks for keeping me inline boardsurfer. You are correct! I just always assume that someone with 3 or more years of experience in this hobby should already know this answer. :oops:
But, as I myself have come to find out, that after almost 20 years dedicated to wet pets; I still learn a few new things about this hobby each and every day.

Back
Top Bottom