changing filters will my tank still be cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coaldrake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all im changing filters to one with slightly more outflow im wondering if i take all the media out of my original filter and put it in my new one will i have to cycle it again its a 25gal freshwater community setup going from bubble operated filter to water pump canister setup just using stones and wool in the filter atm the new one will havecarbon and bioballs aswell coz i got some layen around now thanks for any help

Hey all im changing filters to one with slightly more outflow im wondering if i take all the media out of my original filter and put it in my new one will i have to cycle it again its a 25gal freshwater community setup going from bubble operated filter to water pump canister setup just using stones and wool in the filter atm the new one will havecarbon and bioballs aswell coz i got some layen around now thanks for any help

Any advice

Two options. You can run the new one on the side or shove the mefia in the new one. You may have a mini cycle do too the increase in water flow.

Thanks im puting all the media in the new one isll do regular waterchanges u think everything will be ok? i have power issues in order to run them both

Back
Top Bottom