Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

also from what I read about other people's experience. water changing is like the key to help out most of the problems affiliated in aquariums. fish appreciate new water too and theres no such thing as 'too much water change'. to loosen the weight carrying buckets of water around, a python, or water hose, will do you good.

i want more!
Athaocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas4701
Yeah I saw the hobs and that brand. Is the cleaning process on those when you change the filter quite fun?
Very easy actually, I just syphon out tank water into a 5g bucket and and clean all my media in it. I don't use the carbon in mine tho. I just have the sponge, bio rings & a media bag full of cc. It really is fast and easy. I do it at every water change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athaocity
also from what I read about other people's experience. water changing is like the key to help out most of the problems affiliated in aquariums. fish appreciate new water too and theres no such thing as 'too much water change'. to loosen the weight carrying buckets of water around, a python, or water hose, will do you good.
My fish love when I do wc's, usually induces spawning I rigged a garden hose to use as my water changer. I cut a piece off to use to syphon water right out the window then I duct tape the other end to my faucet an fill directly into my tank. Same idea as a python but didn't cost me anything.... Oh except for duct tape once a month lol.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

A 50g community is fun I have a 55. To give you an idea out equipment would be about the same. I have an aquaclear 70 hob and Korella 750 power head. Stock lists are fun in my community I have 7 pristella tetras, 4 serpae tetras, 1 albino bristlenose pleco, 1 farlowella catfish, 5 spotted corys, 3 emerald corys, 3 emerald Cory fry, 5 harlequin rasboras, and 5 Pygmy corys.... Also an assortment of snails

I like corys the important thing is to have fun and ask questions
Old 10-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Do you find your snails over multiply? I was told to consider not getting snails. I asked " what if I just toss the ones that are new in a pond or etc?" They didn't seem to think I should get snails. What gives? Lol
Old 10-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

What's the 750 do for you????????????????????v
Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Do you find your snails over multiply? I was told to consider not getting snails. I asked " what if I just toss the ones that are new in a pond or etc?" They didn't seem to think I should get snails. What gives? Lol
Pond snails are a bit more pesky and will overpopulate. My apple snails bred once and I have sold off all but a few babies that I am trading for aquarium items. They won't overpopulate if you remove the egg clutches that they lay above the water line, in hoods and stuff. But they are worth something if there is a market for them in your area
Old 10-11-2012, 02:05 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

They wouldn't be able to get up in the hood I bought I dont think. It's a glass top. Ill have to find what a clutch looks like.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
They wouldn't be able to get up in the hood I bought I dont think. It's a glass top. Ill have to find what a clutch looks like.
I used to have a pic of mine on my phone but can't find it, you can't miss them. They are big an ugly lol. From google.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4263126693.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	124175  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes my snails multiply a ton but they are there for food for my assassin snails. And the 750 helps prevent any dead water in my system. The flow from my AC 70 just wasn't enough for my taste
Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

My snails are outta control also. But then again, once they get big enough they go straight into the oscars tank lol

Tags
changing, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com