Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Changing PC bulbs...help

So I got a 48" coralife power compact fixture with my 125g tank purchase today. it seems one bulb is out but I can't figure out how to get it off!

I know a totally stupid question but do you have to press something to get the bulb out? I've been trying to pull it out but no luck. :-(

Thanks guys, I know I must be missing something lol

Old 05-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
So I got a 48" coralife power compact fixture with my 125g tank purchase today. it seems one bulb is out but I can't figure out how to get it off!

I know a totally stupid question but do you have to press something to get the bulb out? I've been trying to pull it out but no luck. :-(

Thanks guys, I know I must be missing something lol
I know what you mean and my sockets look like they have locking clips too, but the don't. I just gently rock the bulb back and forth (side to side) and it walks itself out of the socket. The U-clips that keep my bulb straight and level can be a pain too, but I just tip one side out and lift it out.

BTW: I bet the 125g is not going to be your last lol. Just sayin'

Old 05-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks, I just didn't wanna break anything. Turns out the fixture is over $250 new. :-O Figured I'd get it working and trade it for some big boy lights for the 125g. LOL

Tags
bulb, bulbs, changing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com