Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2005, 11:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oops, no the MJ600 did not fit. The inner diameter of the intake is every so slightly smaller, so the little plastic connector won't slide in.

There are a lot of micro bubbles making to the final chamber, but what's making it into the tank is very minimal.
I didn't try the pre-skimmer box yet, but I don't think it'll fit. the Maxi is just a little bigger/wider than the Rio.

2 weeks ago I cleaned the Rio 100%, and still had very few bubbles. With the MJ, its a hurricane of bubbles. Had I been thinking in advance, I would've taken a photo of the skimmer in use with teh Rio, and again with the MJ.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Malkore,

I take it you used the MJ900 since the MJ600 did not fit.

Are you still happy with it! Are you having good skimmate products and low microbubbbles with the 900. I am just debating if I should get a 900 or 1200 when I upgrade.

Thanks

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:51 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

actually I put a 1200 on it. the 600 didn't fit, the inner diameter of the intake was just barely too narrow for the venturi adapter to fit inside. so right now the tank has a 1200 on one side, and a 600 on the other...but I should be able to pick up another 1200 today.

I'm not getting microbubbles in the tank now. The first 24 hours, yes, but the cpr was dry for almost a week, so it kinda had to break in again. I never had issues with microbubbles in the tank before though.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, after a solid 10 days of running with the new maxi-jet 1200, NO microbubles are getting into the tank, and I've never seen such dark skimmate! It used to be dark with the Rio, but nothing like 'black coffee', which is exactly what it looks like now!

*update April 2nd*
woke up and couldn't hear the skimmer running. maxi-jet was fine, but the airline had built up some salt inside, and had stopped the airflow. rinsed it out and i'm back in action. I've heard of this happening to others, just never experienced it myself until now.

Tags
changing, pump, tips

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com