Changing to LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After seeing many people talk about the 120w dimmable leds on ebay, i decided to buy them. I was just wondering if I should get the full spectrum or only the white and blue ones. Id like to have pics from you guys of full spectrum versus only white and blue so i can compare plz and thank you. I need to change both of my compacts so its a good timing to change to led

Depends on your tank size and type of corals. For sure don't turn them 100% the first day. Just keep them on 50B%-50W%, and look for what happen at this intensity. Then ajust it slowly with the time....

I run my R420R 60w nano on 55%B-55%W at peak daytime on my 20g. Will stay like this forever, can't reach higer intensity or some SPS tend to bleach.

So FishDa have you received those leds yet and if so how do you like them?

Yea I did get them. They have been on my tank a few days. The tank is still cycling so there are not fish or anything in it. Here is a few pic of the color and spread. They are bright, give an even color, and has no problem covering my 24x24 tank! So I am thinking they might work out!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395607506.265943.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395607568.215934.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395607630.070826.jpg

Oh and I am thinking I might run them in a canopy instead of hanging it. I don't know. I still have a week or so to figure it out

They will be. But I a not sure if I want to hang them or build a canopy to put them in. I was going to hang them but I might not anymore

They can hang inches above the aquarium water level, just avoid any salt spray. Their height depends on the spread needed to cover the tank and the lenses the panel came with. Most of the time they are from 120-90 degree, but some panels can be ordered with 60 degree lenses, allowing the panel to hang feet above the aquarium. I like that look if your going rimless.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395610872.183904.jpg

Finally ordered my leds today. I decided to go with the full spectrum look. Got them for 145US$ shipping included so its not too bad. Supose to get them in a week or so i can't wait!

Just missed the delivery today by like 10 minute im so sad ahaha. Cant wait on monday im gonna be waiting for them at the doorstep all day ahah

Ahah no but i actually asked this particular owner to buy a couple frags in this tank since he was getting rid of it. Got my first corals from her.

You mean the one that run 2-3 HOB filters without sump and with t5 lighting ? With 2 clownfish...

What's her name .... Huuuu Evelyn/Marylin ?

Back
Top Bottom