cheap aquarium chiller (opinion)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torontofc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I found this cheap aquarium chiller on ebay recently Thermoelectric water chiller Fish Shrimp aquarium grass 16 gallon 70L tank QUIET | eBay , I've searched everywhere and I can't find any other place the sells this item. At this price the only comparable chiller is the ICE PROBE, but I don't want to drill holes so I don't want to buy it.

The seller told me that the chiller uses aluminum to cool or something like that, is aluminum harmful to reef and saltwater fishes?

I need some opinion on this item, and see if I should buy it, thanks.

What's your water temp at. Mine stays at 80.5 and they are all happy and I have a really healthy fowlr tank

What's your water temp at. Mine stays at 80.5 and they are all happy and I have a really healthy fowlr tank

my water temp fluctuates too much, it can be at 79 at night, but once my MH lights (added recently) goes on, it can reach upto 84-86. Which is deadly for fish and corals. they all seem to be fine but i fear that they are sometimes under stress due to these flucuating temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom