Cheap filter cartridges for Marineland HOB's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I dont know if you folks knew this, I didnt (oops!) but I just got back from my local Wal-Mart. I was browsing the fish supplies looking for some new plastic plants when I saw "Aquatech" filter cartridges.

The picture on the front of the box showed a power filter that looked JUST Like my Penguin filter, sans the bio-wheel. A quick google search on my smart phone revealed that Aquatech is Marineland's BUDGET brand!

You can get a 6 pack of filter cartridges for $10 at Wal-mart, compared to $15 or so at other places. I opened the filter cartridge box, they are identical in every way to the Marineland brand (they should be - they are probably manufactured the same but put into different boxes).

Linky:
Walmart.com: AquaTech20/40-30/60 Filter Cartridge 3pk: Fish

The link displays the 3 pack, but at the WM I was at they had a 6-pack for $10.57.

This is great for those that hate paying a lot of money for the replacement cartridges when they are no longer rinse-able, or dont want to make their own.

Instead of using the cartridges, you could just get filter floss and cut it to fit your filter. That's what I do, and I just rinse it to keep all the bb alive instead of replacing the whole thing. I'm pretty sure that's what most people do here...

Instead of using the cartridges, you could just get filter floss and cut it to fit your filter. That's what I do, and I just rinse it to keep all the bb alive instead of replacing the whole thing. I'm pretty sure that's what most people do here...

Thats what I do too :D

But I was posting for those who dont want to make their own. We discussed this in a thread the other day... some people just arent interested in messing with the floss, etc.. I like it because I think the floss lasts a lot longer but hey, I always say to people - YMMV.

Oh haha yeah, I used to do the whole cartridge thing and actually used an aquatech one in my marineland because I was out of the marineland ones. I didn't know they were the same company!

Oh haha yeah, I used to do the whole cartridge thing and actually used an aquatech one in my marineland because I was out of the marineland ones. I didn't know they were the same company!

lol!! Well you discovered that way before I did!

The Marineland filter media that you can buy at the LFS is soooooo much longer lasting than the Marineland cartridges themselves too.

Thanks for the info I learned two things where to buy cheap cart also how I use floss !! Lol

Thanks, I've never heard of aquatech! I wish I would've known when I used a biowheel

For some reason I'm only seeing the chat about a thread no video or pics.

Back
Top Bottom