Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think you would need 6 or 7. Not sure about the wattage I'd say at least 30's maybe 50's the 30's are 7 1/2 in. long so 7 would give you a 53 inch spread with a 4 in. space between lights. Mine are 10,000k and 12,000k.

So, do you think 4 blue (427 nm) 30w and 3 white (6500k) 50w would work? What does everyone think?

ihave a 38 gal column tank and several 55 gallons. they are fresh water and lightly planted. I need new lighting for all of them. My plants look pale and sick. What would you recomend>? thanks in advance

I think you would need something in the 6500k range for planted aquariums maybe someone has other opinions about what range you would need.

6500k is preffered by plants and just remember the deeper the tank the higher the output needed to get decent light penetration

3000k-6500k is best for plant growth.

the red colour is present near the 3000k-4000k range which hydroponic growers of a certain smokable "vegetation" have great results with.

you could always get 6500k floods and accent with smd 50/50 strip lighting in rgb ( red,green,blue)which is remote controlled and virtually has the ability to output any colour you could think of.

Or you could even get rgb remote controlled floods.

before i order

would these work for me? 55 gallon i figure 2,.or do you think 3
and the 38 column 1 or 2? thanks

Been following this thread for some time. Has anyone even taken "before" photos of corals, and if so- how long ago? Wondering how much longer we'll be waiting before we can make any assumptions based on any small window of data.

Still interested in seeing coral progression photos. I'd like to buy these for my 125 reef, but I'm still skeptical (no offense).

beachamb21 said:
I went ahead and got the 10,000K 30W from eBay and my corals are showing awesome response. Probably going to get 20W 14k's for both sides of my big one. Here is the link to the ones i got. Seems they may have read this forum! haha, Anyhows they are located in Texas.

Aquarium Reef LED Lamp 20W 14000K White (150W Metal Halide alternative Light) | eBay

and 30W:

Aquarium Reef LED Lamp 30W 10000K White (150W Metal Halide alternative Light) | eBay

Wow. The price went up on them? I thought they were cheaper. That just proves that once you add reef to the name it sky rockets. Lol

grrrr....

Mine stopped working.

How are you guys wiring yours?

I wired mine all together. Using waterproof marettes.

I wired mine separately I was afraid to wire them together wasn't sure we were able to do that.

Wow. The price went up on them? I thought they were cheaper. That just proves that once you add reef to the name it sky rockets. Lol
Thats about right I paid 70 for mine awhile ago. The price is higher because there 30's 20's would be around $50

beachamb21 said:
I went ahead and got the 10,000K 30W from eBay and my corals are showing awesome response. Probably going to get 20W 14k's for both sides of my big one. Here is the link to the ones i got. Seems they may have read this forum! haha, Anyhows they are located in Texas.

Aquarium Reef LED Lamp 20W 14000K White (150W Metal Halide alternative Light) | eBay

and 30W:

Aquarium Reef LED Lamp 30W 10000K White (150W Metal Halide alternative Light) | eBay

darn straight theyvread this thread those tank shots in the 30 watt link are from the second post in this thread

Back
Top Bottom