Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ibrahim said:
Nope. But it still doesn't justify the fact that they bumped up the price by 200-300%

Apparently they felt they were leaving money on the table. I can see companies raising prices because of transport costs, etc, but that just seems plain greedy.

Nope. But it still doesn't justify the fact that they bumped up the price by 200-300%
Well before you say its BS about the price you should have bought some to know what your talking about. I purchased 3 20w 12000k lights that were $50 ea. and 2 30w 10000k that were $70 ea the 30's were with shipping months ago. I did extensive research on these to try and find the best prices. I suggest the lights you found for 20 to 30 dollars were at the 6500k range, not water proof and had a thin shell casing. I highly doubt you found 10000 and 12000k lights for that price, and if you did I'd like you to post the link to these great priced leds

tonedogz said:
Well before you say its BS about the price you should have bought some to know what your talking about. I purchased 3 20w 12000k lights that were $50 ea. and 2 30w 10000k that were $70 ea the 30's were with shipping months ago. I did extensive research on these to try and find the best prices. I suggest the lights you found for 20 to 30 dollars were at the 6500k range, not water proof and had a thin shell casing. I highly doubt you found 10000 and 12000k lights for that price, and if you did I'd like you to post the link to these great priced leds

Last time I checked was 6 mo ago. As you can see i've been following since the thread first started. Here it is for $10 more than it was 6 mo. ago http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230827077330&cmd=VIDESC

Last time I checked was 6 mo ago. As you can see i've been following since the thread first started. Here it is for $10 more than it was 6 mo. ago http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230827077330&cmd=VIDESC
10W 20W 30W 50W LED Flood Light Wash Lamp Outdoor yellow red green blue 85-265v | eBay Here's that add if you notice as you increase the wattage the price goes up. Also those lights are not waterproof and the shell is the thin one rather then then thicker one. It also doesn't list the kelvin I'm pretty sure they would only be in the 6500 range trust me I think I looked at every seller in china to find the best prices.

Bschowa said:
Does it matter? It seems like we have yet to see pictures they can grow and sustain corals.

I honestly doubt they can support SPS. Maybe some low light softies and LPS but I don't think an Acro would fair well.

Yeah we're all waiting for that, just to see how good they really are. I don't really care for sps's so I don't have any but someone out there should put a frag or two under them so we can see if they can grow them.

Check out the YouTube vid of the guy growing acro with about 20 led screw in bulbs.

These floods produce much more light than those.

I think my drivers failed.

Tested the led chip with a 32v dc output power supply and it works still.

I sent an email to the seller and he said that the blue wire is the hot lead ( not the brown wire).

So he is sending me new drivers.

Back
Top Bottom