Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess every manufacturer has the wiring setup different.Is that why it failed or was it just a one of those things.

Thanks for the link that guy has to have like 50 lights up there. Know wonder he can grow stuff.

I think my drivers failed.

Tested the led chip with a 32v dc output power supply and it works still.

I sent an email to the seller and he said that the blue wire is the hot lead ( not the brown wire).

So he is sending me new drivers.

I also had a driver fail on one of mine. They are sending me another one for no charge.

ive been keeping an eye on this thread an have a couple of questions..I have a 65 gallon tank that im in the process of putting together.. It has a canopy that came with it that i would like to keep and use these lights also..The Ebay listing says these lights are about 128mm or 5 inches tall with the mounting bracket on them.. Is this right? I just want to make sure..I dont have much more than 5 inches under there if i use my canopy, i may be able to raise it a little bit too..I was looking to get 2 20w 12,000k Lights.. My tank dimensions are 38x16x24, would these light be strong enough? It will be a FOWLR tank for now.. Here is a photo of the tank with the canopy i would like to use (this was a freshwater setup i bought from CL and im changing it to SW)..If i can use it at all ..lol

img_2075211_0_b2a344e73d9d95b1928a9e4428ffef79.jpg

the lights are slightly under 5 inches. You could try 2 and see how you make out but I'm thinking you might need 3 because in 38 inches you'll have a big gap between lights I'm not sure two will cover your whole tank.

Yup, that makes sense adding another 1, the gap would be rather large between just 2.. I was worried about height , not thinking about width, lol... Ty tone..

Hello
I have been looking for a long time to upgrade my lights on my planted 125 tank. After doing alot of research my plan is to go with (4) 20 watt floodlights. either I would buy the chips and get a controller etc or just buy the whole assembly. Would this be okay or should I use 50 watt ones? I am running CO2 presently. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Tony L.

size of tank

Sorry I forgot to post the size its
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]72 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 23 3/8.[/FONT]

I would think you would need at least 4 30's
The price difference between 50 watts and 30 watts is very close. So if I purchased 5 x 50 watts and put them on a dimmer would that be okay. I am shooting for middle to high light on my tank.

Yeah we're all waiting for that, just to see how good they really are. I don't really care for sps's so I don't have any but someone out there should put a frag or two under them so we can see if they can grow them.

I should be adding some frags this weekend. Unfortunately it will be all lps (which is what I prefer) but I'm going to see if I can get a cheap sps frag to see how these lights do.

Although these lights look fantastic, my gut feeling is telling me that you will need quite a bit of the 50 watts to sustain sps. To be honest I added 2x80watt T5 retrofit to my setup because I just wasn't confident in my 3-50watts 20000k's even for lps. However, I could be wrong. We shall see.

Get 3 Taotronic 120w LED panels. Then you can grow anything under them. And there are many users who have had success with clams and SPS. I think it's $160 per panel but it's well worth it and you won't be experimenting with your wallet.

I own the Taotronics and I can honestly say they will grow anything. The corals might not look the prettiest, but they'll grow. VERY powerful, if you can, get the dimmables.

Heard the fans on those Taotronics can be pretty loud. I pretty much have my setup silent as can be and would hate to have those fans ruin it lol. Are they that loud?

Back
Top Bottom